Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Diana Grove
Diana is a West Australian writer of strange, dark short stories. A few have been published in Trembling With Fear collections, and she has micro fiction in the horror anthologies Shallow Waters Vol. 2 and Unravel. Night Parrot Press published three little oddities in the anthologies Once: A selection of short short stories and Twice Not Shy. She also writes children's stories. Balloons Lit. Journal published her story about a boy and his pet cockroach in its October 2021 issue. You can find her on Twitter: @ImaginaryGrove
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Diana Grove
Shallow Waters—where nothing stays buried.
With 25 dark tales diving beneath the surface of life, death, and the pain between them.
Shallow Waters is the official monthly flash fiction challenge hosted by the award-winning Crystal Lake Publishing. Every month a new challenge is posted online, with authors submitting via email. The best submissions are then posted on Crystal Lake’s Patreon page, where patrons read daily entries and vote for the winner. What you’ll find in these Shallow Waters anthologies include the most popular of our finalists.
Stay tuned for more volumes in this series, or find Crystal Lake Publishing on Patreon to enter or vote on future challenges.
Volume two includes horror, thrillers, suspense, and stories of life after death, the supernatural, murder, and the beauty beneath it all.
Introduction by Joe Mynhardt
“Night Swimming” by Michael O’Brien
“Hush Little Baby” by Matt Shaw
“The Vessel” by Mark Allan Gunnells
“The Southland” by Pedro Iniguez
“Biter of Dust” by Austin James (winner)
“Gently Used” by Jonah Buck
“Ollie Visits Grandma” by Mark Cassell
“The Water Tower Ghost” by Darryl Foster
“Standing Tall” by Kenneth W. Cain
“The Only Thing That Remains” by Jess Landry
“(Almost) Joined at The Hip” by Dan Weatherer
“Remy and the Elephant” by Linsey Knerl
“She Fluttered” by Andrew Garvey
“Just A Cup of Coffee” by Theresa Derwin
“Malignant” by Steve Thompson & Kenneth W. Cain
“Welcome to the Future” by Diana Grove
“Makes Three” by Michael Harris Cohen & Mark Allan Gunnells (winner)
“A Tea Party for the Dead” by Dani Brown & David Charlesworth
“A Game of Hide and Seek” by Joe X Young
“The Allotment” by Theresa Derwin
“Hourglass” by Chad Lutzke & John Boden
“The End of the War” by Joseph Mulak
“Long Distance Cull” by Tony Logan & Red Lagoe
“To Stop Further Slaughter” by Raymond Gates
“Baited” by Chad A. Clark
“Curtain Call” by Raven Dane (winner)
In this volume…
- A man is visited by his wife the night before her funeral.
- A tale of brotherly love turns sour.
- What happens when the ghosts of our past refuse to forget?
- A man contemplates the sacrifice he must make to stop a killer.
- When popping in to see a grandparent, don't always expect biscuits and tea.
- She rose from the dead, but by cheating death she must gamble again with life.
- A grieving mother preserves the memory of her son in a very curious manner.
- During an interrogation in the sweltering summer heat, a Los Angeles detective struggles as he loses his grasp between reality and madness.
- A bizarre black mold problem leads to the most extreme of solutions.
- Dawn comes for the dead locked in a forgotten room inside the Neon Dream.
- An ancient soul finds himself and his people threatened by an ever-growing hostile race.
What miracles can one hundred debut to bestselling authors do with 100 words?
More than three hundred 100-word drabbles from around the world.
We have had some amazing talent contribute to the first year of 'Trembling With Fear' and we hope that you enjoy reading these as much as we have!
HorrorTree.com is the free online resource for writers in the field of speculative fiction. As well as Trembling With Fear, you will find the latest industry submission calls, articles, and interviews. It is not to be missed!