New Public Management: Current Trends and Future Prospects 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The UK has played a pivotal role in the development of New Public Management (NPM). This book offers an original, comprehensive and multidisciplinary analysis of the impact of the New Public Management in the UK, and situates these analyses in a broader comparative perspective. Its chapters consider:
- competing typologies of NPM
- issues of professionalism within NPM
- debates on social exclusion and equity
- the role of different research approaches in evaluating NPM
- the evolving nature of NPM and impact of modernisation
- evaluations of NPM in mainland Europe, North America, Africa and the developing World, Australia, and Pacific-Asia.
Leading authorities from around the world present evaluations of current thinking in NPM and highlight the challenges which will shape future development and research approaches. New Public Management presents a timely and constructive overview of the nature and impact of the NPM and offers important lessons for public management across the world.
- Publisher : Routledge; 1st edition (December 13, 2001)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 368 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0415243637
- ISBN-13 : 978-0415243636
- Item Weight : 1.23 pounds
- Dimensions : 6.14 x 0.83 x 9.21 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,375,783 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: