Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Follow the Author
South (Shackleton's Last Expedition): Illustrated 100th Anniversary Edition Kindle Edition
SeaWolf Press is proud to offer another book in its 100th Anniversary Collection. Each book in the collection contains the text, illustrations, and cover from the first or early edition. Use Amazon's Lookinside feature to compare this edition with others. You'll be impressed by the differences. Our version has:
- 95 original illustrations and photographs. Don't be fooled by other versions with missing or made-up pictures.
- Text that has been proofread to avoid errors common in other versions.
- The complete text in an easy-to-read font similar to the original.
Look for other books in our 100th Anniversary Collection.
South is Ernest Shackleton's account of the Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition, which took place from 1914 to 1917. This was an attempt to cross the South Pole from sea to sea. Disaster struck this expedition when its ship, Endurance, became trapped in pack ice and was slowly crushed before the shore parties could be landed. The crew escaped by camping on the sea ice until it disintegrated, then by launching the lifeboats to reach Elephant Island and ultimately South Georgia Island, a stormy ocean voyage of 720 nautical miles. Shackleton's most famous exploit brought him praise for his leadership abilities in saving all the men. The expedition was launched just as World War I started. The men knew nothing about the war until they were rescued.
- ASIN : B08M64KJFG
- Publisher : SeaWolf Press (October 28, 2020)
- Publication date : October 28, 2020
- Language : English
- File size : 18566 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Sticky notes : On Kindle Scribe
- Print length : 381 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #343,093 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- #14 in Polar Regions Sports
- #16 in Polar Regions Travel
- #153 in Expeditions & Discoveries World History (Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: