Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Warren Benedetto
Warren Benedetto writes short fiction about horrible people doing horrible things.
He is a full member of the SFWA and has published dozens of stories in publications such as Dark Matter Magazine and The Dread Machine; on podcasts such as The NoSleep Podcast, Tales to Terrify, The Creepy Podcast, and Scare You To Sleep; and in anthologies from Apex Magazine, Scare Street, Eerie River Publishing, and more.
He studied Evolutionary Biology at Cornell University and has a Master’s degree in Film/TV Writing from the University of Southern California. When he’s not writing, he works as Director of Global Product Strategy at PlayStation, where he holds 35+ patents for various types of gaming technology.
He is also the developer of StayFocusd, the world’s most popular anti-procrastination app for writers. He built it while procrastinating.
For more information, follow @warrenbenedetto on Twitter.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Warren Benedetto
Terror stalks the night…
An old woman’s obsession with youth leads her to purchase a cursed appliance from a sinister antique shop. A new homeowner discovers her property comes with a deadly addition. And dark forces stalk a troop of innocent boy scouts when they spend the night on a haunted aircraft carrier…
Scare Street delves into the darkness to bring you a new collection of spine-tingling terror. This diabolical tome is bursting with thirteen sinister stories of supernatural horror, featuring ghastly ghosts, cold-blooded killers, and fiendish visions torn from your worst fears.
Just be careful you don’t lose track of time as you meander through this shadowy landscape of dreams and nightmares. Because once the sun sets, something waits for you in the darkness of night.
And if it finds you, you may never see daylight again…
This bone-chilling supernatural collection contains:
1. Cool Air by Peter Cronsberry
2. The Presentation by Tarphy W. Horn
3. The Homeowner's Guide to Sanity by K. M. McKenzie
4. Retrospective: Florne's Ghost by Emil Pellim
5. 7734 by Ryan Benson
6. Aisle 3 by Rosie O'Carroll
7. Pumpkin Patch by C. B. Channell
8. The Third Father by A. M. Todd
9. Troop 94’s Last Scouting Trip by Karl Melton
10. Play It, Win It, Kill It by J. M. White
11. Satan's Town by Bob Johnston
12. Everything as It Was by Warren Benedetto
13. Summer Camp by Ron Ripley
Vampires, djinns, spirits, werewolves, trolls, banshees, elves, mummies, skeletons, carnivorous jack-o'-lanterns, evil-seeking clowns, Halloween purges, sexy-but-hungry succubi, genius loci scarecrows voraciously guarding their pumpkin patches, revenge of the Hallowe'en candies.
But don't worry, bwteen 100-word gory bites you'll have a moment to catch your breath before the next soul-eating creature climbs out of the grave...
An ancient South American cathedral extracts a heavy price from a visiting photojournalist. Ghost hunters stumble across a cursed field from which there is no escape. And a friendly neighbor discovers the new girl in town is more than she appears…
Peer into the depths of Scare Street’s latest collection, a fun house mirror full of terror and nightmares. This spine-tingling tome is packed with fourteen tales of supernatural horror. And every page reveals a distorted reflection of your own worst fears…
Go ahead, take a look… What do you see when you look in the mirror? Is it your own face, looking back at you? Or something else… a dark doppelgänger returning your gaze?
Your evil twin leaps from the silvery glass, wrapping its clawed fingers around your throat. It wants out, into the real world. Leaving you trapped in its mirror realm—your reflection frozen in a scream for all eternity…
This volume features the following short stories:
1. Do Not Open by Justin Boote
2. The Cathedral of Smoke by Erica Schaef
3. The Last Pay Phone by Douglas Ford
4. Spinne by S. D. Campbell
5. Fields of Blood by Azzurra Nox
6. Norma's Tea Party by Derek Clendening
7. 19 Clayslaps Road by Bob Johnston
8. Of Darkness and Doughnuts by Veronica Zora Kirin
9. Dragonsbreath by Warren Benedetto
10. Dark Eyes by Michael D. Nye
11. The Ocean Above by William Read
12. Wanderola by John Gallant
13. Premature Burial by Peter Cronsberry
14. The Watcher in the Woods by Ron Ripley and Kevin Saito
Your worst nightmares stalk you from the shadows…
Polluted waters unleash a bloodthirsty terror in a small Ontario town. A father and daughter seek sanctuary in an old village church, only to discover that evil knows no bounds. And insanity plagues a young girl, as she struggles to prove the monster in her basement is not a figment of her imagination…
Evil is unleashed in Scare Street’s latest bone-chilling collection of supernatural horror. Fourteen tales of terror lurk within this new volume—more than enough to give even the bravest soul a reason to fear the night.
As your eyes flutter open, you can still see dark images in your mind… Horrifying monsters, demons, and ghouls with a hunger for human flesh. You could hear their cries, feel their razor-sharp claws against your skin. But was it real? Or was it just another bad dream?
Then you hear footsteps in the shadows beyond your bed. And a hungry howl echoes through the night once more. A chill runs down your spine.
Because this time, the nightmare is real. And it’s getting closer…
This bone-chilling supernatural collection contains:
1. The Metamorphosis by Angelique Fawns
2. The Churchyard Grim by Warren Benedetto
3. In the Pale Blue Light by J. Z. Pitts
4. Josephine's Darlings by K. D. Bowers
5. Last Dance by Sean Goulding
6. Elias Loch by D. M. Woolston
7. Eddie by Sinéad McCabe
8. The Rustle of Autumn Leaves by Bryson Tuckerman
9. Mirror, Mirror on the Wall by Carl Hughes
10. Black Mold by Stuart Hardy
11. Awash by Dominick Cancilla
12. Cicada's Song by Holley Cornetto
13. The Cats in the Walls by Thomas C. Mavroudis
14. In Rose Hall by Ron Ripley
Something deadly hides in the dark of night…
A health-conscious tenant must battle his apartment’s demonic refrigerator. The shadow of death clings to a woman, as she strives to find a way to escape her fate. And a mysterious runaway wreaks havoc at a secluded motel, when the guests discover the deadly secret that follows in her wake…
A new night of terror begins with Scare Street’s latest bone-chilling collection. This pulse-pounding volume contains thirteen new supernatural tales of terror. And each story brings you deeper into the dark realm of nightmares.
As the inky black shadows close in, you realize you are not alone. Something stalks you through this strange netherworld. You hear snarls in the distance. The howling grows louder and louder.
Death itself has been unleashed from this book of darkness. And it’s too late to return to the light…
This volume features the following stories:
1. Leftovers by Warren Benedetto
2. The Refrigerator by Peter Cronsberry
3. Shadow by Jason E. Maddux
4. Painless by Dominick Cancilla
5. Issue 32 by Daniel Comnenus
6. My Daughter's Ghosts by Bradley Walker
7. Waters Take Me by Jim Horlock
8. Walled In by Carl Hughes
9. Collection Day by John Wayne Comunale
10. Sleep Paralysis by Shannon Brady
11. The Road to Hell by Brian Sperl
12. Mother Love by Jon McGoran
13. Beyond the Wall by Ron Ripley
Prepare for a lethal dose of terror…
A young boy’s art takes a sinister turn when the monstrous creature from his drawings reaches into the real world. The clues to a fiendishly clever crossword puzzle predict a series of tragedies for a witch’s nosy neighbors. And a creepy old doll brings pain and misfortune to a woman struggling to cope with her mother’s illness…
As you’re about to go under the knife, Scare Street’s latest collection of supernatural horror is the morphine you need. This new volume holds thirteen tales of bone-chilling terror. More than enough to send a shock though your system.
Goosebumps, nightmares, shivers running down your spine… The physiological symptoms of fear infest your body. Just relax as your demonic nurse tightens the straps on the operating table. The doctor is in, and he’s ready to begin the operation.
All you need is a good old-fashioned scream—and this just so happens to be this sinister surgeon’s specialty. So, shall we begin?
This is going to hurt a little. Or a lot…
This volume contains the following:
1. Cross Words by Peter Cronsberry
2. Hybrid by Justin Boote
3. Pipe Dreams by William Sterling
4. “For My Next Trick...” by Bryan Clark
5. Blood Debt by Susan E. Rogers
6. Smudge the Head by Kyle Winkler
7. See Me by Charles Welch
8. Half Larva, Will Travel by Andrey Pissantchev
9. Just We Two by Shell St. James
10. Caustic Whispers by Zach Friday
11. Roach by C. M. Saunders
12. Unarmed by Warren Benedetto
13. Gwen Speaks by Ron Ripley
Tonight’s forecast calls for terror…
Survivors trapped in a sunken vessel find themselves hunted through the depths by a deadly adversary. A skeptical journalist discovers the sinister inhabitants of a fake haunted house are all too real. And a husband commits murder to protect his wife, only to learn he has created something even more dangerous…
A dark and stormy night of terror awaits in Scare Street’s latest bone-chilling collection. This sinister volume contains fourteen tales of terror and supernatural horror. And each story brings you deeper into the dark realm of nightmares.
As you devour each tale with morbid delight, black clouds roll across the sky. Thunder rumbles in the distance, and jagged lightning screams above.
Be sure to close the window. You wouldn’t want to let the storm inside. After all, this is perfect weather for ghosts and ghouls to roam the night…
This volume features the following stories:
1. A Sinking Feeling by Warren Benedetto
2. The Winter Cabin by Nate Lock
3. How to Make a Troll by Andrew Jensen
4. Mistress Edge’s House of Horrors by P. L. McMillan
5. Groundhog Day by John Wayne Comunale
6. Into the Shadows by B. D. Prince
7. The Rancher by Al Hagan
8. Trial by Water by Renee Miller
9. Sugar Day by Peter Cronsberry
10. A Cold Day in Helheim by Kohl Neal
11. Testing Times by Kris Ashton
12. Coming Home to Mansion Hill by C. B. Channell
13. The Backward Man by Caleb Stephens
14. Dead Dogs and Murdered Men by Ron Ripley
Dark Magic is a collection of over two hundred bite-size drabbles of dark fantasy and horror.
Enter a world of curses and creatures, the hideous and the hexed, where love is cruel and victory is tainted. Where gods and demons hold sway over mortals, senses are enticed and spirits ensnared. Angels fall, dragons rise, shadows hide secrets and power comes from blood and bone and death itself.
Ghosts, demons, and more monsters.
In a world where so many dark things go bump in the night, terror awaits around every corner as these authors take horror stories to the next level. Discover ghosts, demons, and your worst nightmares. Read at your own risk.
Featuring 22 stories by the following 20 authors: Natalya Monyok, Trisha Slay, Michael Raff, John S. Aissis, Katie Jordan, Toni Mobley, Justin Rulton, Barend Nieuwstraten III, J.E. Cearlock, Gregory Scott Matics, Elizabeth Stanley, Melody Alice, E.B. Hunter, Warren Benedetto, Karin Becht, Kelly Piner, Charles Kyffhausen, John W. Salvage, Ellie A. Goss, and J.E. Feldman.
A new issue of MYTHIC has arrived!
This latest one, Issue #18: January 2022, is the first scheduled in the now monthly occurring publication of the popular science fiction and fantasy magazine. Inside you'll find original short fiction "Reading the Leaves" by Nina Shepardson, "The Oracle of Sand" by Dean N. D'Amico, "Prank Day" by Marlaina Cockcroft, and "Close Your Eyes" by Warren Benedetto, plus reprints "A Slender Darkness" by D. A. D'Amico, and "Adramelech" by Sean Patrick Hazlett. Also included: A new book review by Kieran Judge.